Pages

Thursday, March 18, 2010

Thanks to Javascript Grid Editor adopters!

I just wanted to drop a quick note to thank all of those who have implemented my Javascript Grid Editor project.  Furthermore, with additional eyes on the project I've been able to identify and correct a couple of bugs.  The version has been updated to 1.0.2 to reflect the changes.  Big thanks to those who have kept me in the loop about problems they've had so we can resolve these things.

As for those of you who would be interested in knowing the next move for this project, I have a handful of features that I'd like to add in short order.  The first of which, will be the ability to validate input for required fields.

It's a bit of a pain that the fields don't perform input validation right now (i.e. verifying a value exists), and it could be considered a bug, but I honestly hadn't intended to include that functionality in the initial release, since I figured the platform would throw the appropriate errors.  This has turned out to be an incorrect assumption on my part when it comes to Business Required attributes.  So, expect to see a feature release in the near future to include this.  Apologies to all who are affected by this.