Pages

Thursday, July 1, 2010

I'm a Microsoft MVP?!

If you had asked me a year ago if I thought I qualified for MVP material, I would have flatly said, "No."  It's with a thankful heart then, that I'm glad nobody asked me.  Today, I received the much anticipated declaration that I have, in fact, been awarded the Microsoft 2010 MVP.

I've been a regular to the CRM Development Forum since I was first introduced to CRM 3.0.  At first, I was simply an avid reader, following the tribulations of others and learning what I could from the masters (like David Jennaway, Michael Hoehne, Adi Katz, Daniel Cai, Andriy Butenko, and so many more).  About 2 years ago, I really started to get involved with answering questions, and seeing if I could keep my technical edge sharp even if I hadn't personally faced a situation being presented.

I'd like to issue a special "thank you" to Andriy Butenko.  About a year ago, during this MVP period, we got into a silent battle with each other over holding the "Top Answerer" spot in the forum.  Without this undeclared competition, I may not have had the sheer quantity of involvement necessary to qualify for an MVP award.  Perhaps he never knew the battle ever existed, or what I had determined to do.  However, we both certainly excelled at answering questions during that period, and I'm happy to say that I succeeded at holding the top spot for about a month.

It's my hope that the coming year will see as much involvement from me as the previous year.  I wholeheartedly thank and appreciate the CRM Community and Microsoft for this recognition.  I will live up to its status and meaning as much as I possibly can.

8 comments:

  1. Congratulations, David! I've already told - you are genius!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats, I know you have helped me out on the Microsoft forums before (I'm watdawg)!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Dave, so we are in the same batch...

    Congratulations, you really deserve it!

    And, I have to say that I had also my personal competition with Andriy :)...

    Hey, Andriy, you should be declared MVP trainer!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes. I know. On one Russian forum about Dynamics products I had similar battle with other current MVP - Artem Grunin =)

    ReplyDelete
  5. You know what they say: mimicry is the highest form of flattery.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey Dave,
    Congratulations !!!

    ReplyDelete

Unrelated comments to posts may be summarily disposed at the author's discretion.